Some literary links to kick off your weekend:
- Congratulations to French author Patrick Modiano for winning the Nobel Prize for Literature. Don't feel too bad if you haven't heard of him, many of his books have been out of print in English for a number of years.
- You can relive your youth with the Book It! Alumni program - Pizza Hut is giving out free personal pan pizzas to adults who participated in the program when they were students.
- The New York Times ran a piece criticizing its own coverage of the Amazon/Hachette dispute for taking sides.
- J.K. Rowling set the Twitter-verse abuzz earlier this week with an anagram puzzle related to the "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them" film. The link has the answer, so here's the puzzle if you want to take a stab on your own: "Cry, foe! Run amok! Fa awry! My wand won't tolerate this nonsense."
- Finally, Book Riot had two great round-ups of recommendations this week: novels set in the Jazz Age and thrilling non-fiction. Anything catch your eye?