Some links to kick off your weekend:
- The Ferguson library stayed open to support the community this week when many other community resources shut down. Book Riot collects ways to support them.
- The Guardian profiles National Book Award winner Jacqueline Woodson, whose victory was unfortunately "marred by a racist gaffe."
- For something a little different, Vulture profiles an NYC institution" the Strand Book Store.
- William Shatner is kickstarting a book [via The Guardian].
- A copy of Shakespeare's first folio in excellent condition was found in a small French library.
- A good friend said this is what she imagines my home will eventually look like. A girl can dream!
- Tor.com published two lists that added titles to my TBR: great standalone fantasy novels and exceptional books of 2014.
- Finally, Audible is having a big sale - over 300 titles are priced at $4.95, some lower if you have the Kindle version through Whispersync. Best of all, it's NOT members-exclusive. I picked up "Bitter Seeds" by Ian Tregillis and Daniel Abraham's "The Dragon's Path."
Post a Comment