- Left Bank Books in St. Louis put together lists of books (broken out by genre) and articles "intended to provide some history and context for the recent protests" around the failure to indict the police officers who killed Michael Brown and Eric Garner.
- Jacqueline Woodson wrote a piece for the New York Times responding to the racist joke made at her expense by Daniel Handler at the National Book Awards.
- Toni Morrison announced a new book coming out next year. I can't wait!
- Apparently the Chinese government doesn't like puns.
- President Obama went book shopping during Small Business Saturday, and here's what he bought.
- Longreads picked their top long-form articles from the year.
- These gift guides for book lovers from WiseBread and Buzzfeed had gifts I hadn't seen before. Buzzfeed also had a collection of t-shirts for book lovers that would also make great gifts.
- Finally, the best of 2014 lists from The Huffington Post, The New York Times, and NPR. (Bonus points to NPR for their fun, interactive format.)
Friday, December 5, 2014
Friday Reads & Links - 12/5/2014
With finals underway, I've only had time to start Chris Colfer's "The Land of Stories: The Wishing Well." It's been pretty meh, honestly, but it's light enough to listen to before bed when I'm trying to turn off the law-school thoughts.
'Tis the season for best of lists & gift guides! Some links below that are sure to grow your TBR & holiday wish lists: