Some literary links in case you also need to waste some time before you can start "House of Cards:"
- The nominees for the Nebula award were announced this week. I've read "The Goblin Emperor" and "Annihilation," and they both disappointed. Here's hoping the rest of the list is better!
- Vulture rounds up the best entries from Haruki Murakami's advice column.
- Borderlands will stay open!
- CityLab writes about how some jerks try to ban Little Free Libraries. Book Riot's sticking up for the libraries, though.
- Speaking of Book Riot, they also covered 12 cool bookish advertisements, and the discovery of a new Sherlock Holmes story (that may not be real).
- The Huffington Post collects six women authors to add to your TBR - I'm already on the holds list at NYPL for the Kelly Link & the Laura van den Berg.
- Completely non-literary, but what color do you think this dress is? You can kill some serious time trying to make it switch.